Saturday 3 August 2013

Saturday 13th July 2013


Unfortunately one of the problems with cycling in winter is the weather is not always co-operative. I am doing this for fun, so do not want to go out when there is a strong wind, or rain!!! We couldn't go out last weekend but today was a beautiful day for biking, no wind and the sun was shining. 

When I first started riding three months or so ago, I wanted to make it to the Honest Lawyer. I did that several weeks ago, but could have continued along the road to Monaco, and completed the round trip back to the Honest Lawyer and home. I started to do this on the previous ride, but it looked quite a bit further so decided against it. Today I thought would be the day to try and go the whole way around. If it the tide is in you will not be able to go around the beach front, luckily it was out far enough that we were able to walk through on the shingle beach.

This was a fantastic ride, I enjoyed it immensely. Very scenic, lot of other cyclists about, and just a wonderful ride. Two great places to stop for coffee also, at the Honest Lawyer or the little coffee spot at Monaco itself. We didn't do this but had a well-earned cuppa when we got home. By the time we got back to the van we had ridden just over 15 kms.





No comments:

Post a Comment